In Art we strive to engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art and explore the world around them.
- Children learn to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art and design.
- Children learn about how art and design both reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.
- Children learn to value their own creations and the art made by others.
- Children learn to respond to a theme through an extended learning journey.
- Children produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- Children learn to use a wide variety of skills, processes and materials through which to develop a visual language of their own.